Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sugar Shack



When my mom was in town a few weeks ago, we were shopping and I spotted these adorable illuminated cardboard houses at Pottery Barn...for $70. Yes, I said they were cardboard. Anyway, I turned to my mom and said, "ya know, I could make that."


So I bought this cardboard cottage at Hobby Lobby for $2.40.


And with some paint, glitter and some other fun things in my stash, I turned it into this for my sweet niece, Holly, who turned one on Saturday. Complete with a hand dyed pink bottle brush tree and a sweet snowman in the front yard. You can't see it in the picture, but I also added a little light inside ($3) just like the stupidly expensive Pottery Barn one has. And mine is cuter, right???

A little doormat embroidered with Holly's name...


And here she is, the beautiful birthday girl. Happy Birthday, Holly!

1 comment:

Uncle Mike said...

I really like your christmas display. I hope Holly likes her's as well...and what a cute tutu..Oh
TuTu also means grandmother in Hawaiian. More useless information you'll never use.